Finding hope and purpose in every broken thing -
a creative arts course for women, with a difference
- Using a variety of themed craft projects, Peaced Together encourages participants to reflect on their lives and set out on a personal
journey from brokenness to hope.
- The course consists of five craft projects completed over ten weeks. Each one helps the group explore topics such as beauty, thankfulness
and positive choices.
- We believe that good can come from negative and difficult experiences. It can be tempting to discard these parts of our lives as useless, but
brokenness can be transformed into beauty as we let our experiences influence our creative expression.
- Talking about and coming to terms with the painful parts of our lives can be therapeutic, enabling us to move on and look to the future.
Peaced Together runs for ten weeks and up to ten women can attend each course. Karan Armstrong, (Peaced Together trainer), and team facilitates each two hour session. To ensure everyone can benefit fully from Peaced Together, it is helpful if each person can commit to attending the whole course.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE SESSIONS?
At each session, we use the time to look at a particular theme, discuss our experiences and get stuck into the craft activity. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and the team is on hand to offer help with craft activities if needed.
PEACED TOGETHER THEMES
The themes we look at include:
• Broken not rubbish
• Hope and courage
• Patience and self-control
• Peace with the past
• Peace with the future
RECORDING THE JOURNEY
At the beginning of the course, participants are given a ‘Scrapbook Journal’ to help them creatively process thoughts and ideas from the sessions. The Scrapbook Journal is a personal project so each participant can decide whether to share it with others.
AFTER THE COURSE
At the end of each course we hold a celebration and exhibition of the work that has been produced and participants are presented with a certificate.
For more information, please click here and put 'Peaced Together' in the subject box.